P. T. Barnum Quotations
Pt Barnum Quotes: “WHATEVER YOU DO, DO IT WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT Work at it, if mandatory, early and late, in summer and out of season, not leaving a stone unturned, and never suspending for a single hour that which can be done just as well now. The old proverb is full of truth and connotation, “Whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well.” Many a man acquires a fortune by doing his business absolutely, while his neighbor continues poor for life, because he only half does it.
Ambition, energy, commerce, perseverance, are imperative requisites for success in business. Fortune always favors the brave, and never encourages a man who does not help himself.”In its announcement, the circus’s parent company Feld Satisfaction explained that, “The decision to end the circus tours was made as a result of high costs coupled with a deterioration in ticket sales, making the circus an unsustainable employment for the company.”
Quotes By Pt Barnum
True economy consists in always making the livelihood exceed the out-go. Wear the old clothes a little longer if necessary; dispense with the new pair of gloves; mend the old dress: live on grassland food if need be; so that, under all circumstances, unless some unexpected accident occurs, there will be a margin in favor of the income.
“There’s no such thing as bad publicity,”
— P. T. Barnum
“Fortune always facilitates the brave, and never helps a man who does not help himself.”
— P. T. Barnum
“Money is good for nobody unless you know the value of it by adventure.”
— P. T. Barnum
“Money is in some respects life’s fire: it is a very superlative servant, but a terrible master.”
— P. T. Barnum
“A lovely nook of forest furnishings, or a grand rock, like a beautiful woman, depends for much of its attractiveness upon the appearance sense of freedom from whatever is low; upon a sense of purity and of romance.”
— P. T. Barnum
Pt Barnum Quotes The Greatest Showman
The release also cited the removal of the elephants from the circus as part of the drop in ticket sales. What was left unsaid was the fact that the circus has been the subject of protests — about the treatment of those elephants and other performing creatures — from animal rights activists and nonprofits such as PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) for decades.
Perhaps the most enduring aspect of the circus’s legacy isn’t the show at all, but that third name in its title, Barnum. P.T. Barnum was a 19th century entrepreneur who is remembered as the “Great American Showman.” He is also falsely attributed with coining the phrase, “There’s a sucker born every minute.”
He held a variety of jobs over the course of his life. He came from a family of farmers, and early on was the publisher of a newspaper and the producer of a traveling variety act.
He opened Barnum’s American Museum in New York City in 1842. While Barnum was known for peddling hoaxes, and the museum’s top attractions remain as controversial as ever, he was instrumental in shifting societal mores about the value of pop culture and public entertainment in America.
It was after the museum burned down in the 1860s that he became a politician. The Connecticut native served in the state’s legislature for four terms and ran on an anti-slavery, pro-temperance (meaning he was a fan of Prohibition) platform. He was also the mayor of Bridgeport, Conn.
Greatest Pt Barnum Quotes
Barnum’s biographer Arthur H. Saxon tried to track down when Barnum had uttered this phrase but was unable to verify it. According to Saxon, “There’s no contemporary account of it, or even any suggestion that the word ‘sucker’ was used in the derogatory sense in his day. Barnum was just not the type to disparage his patrons.
Some sources claim that it is most likely from famous con-man Joseph (“Paper Collar Joe”) Bessimer,and other sources say that it was actually uttered by David Hannum in reference to Barnum’s part in the Cardiff Giant hoax. Hannum was exhibiting the “original” giant and had unsuccessfully sued Barnum for exhibiting a copy and claiming that it was the original. Crowds continued to pay to see Barnum’s exhibit, even after both it and the original had been proven to be fakes.
Another source credits late 1860s Chicago saloon owner Michael Cassius McDonald as the originator of the aphorism. According to the book Gem of the Prairie: Chicago Underworld (1940) by Herbert Asbury, McDonald was equipping his gambling house known as The Store when his partner expressed concern over the large number of roulette wheels and faro tables being installed and their ability to get enough players. McDonald then allegedly said, “Don’t worry about that, there’s a sucker born every minute.”
Pt Barnum Quotes Never Underestimate
P.T. Barnum, known as The Greatest Showman, was one of the most progressive entrepreneurs of the 19th Century. Co-founding Barnum and Bailey’s Circus, P.T. made a name for himself by exposing the world to oddities and a show the likes of which had never been seen before. He is recognized for creating an entertainment empire whose legacy has lasted for almost 150 years.
Here are some of P.T. Barnum’s most motivational quotes:
1. “Money is in some respect life’s fire: it is a very excellent servant, but a terrible master.” – P.T. Barnum
2. “Politeness and civility are the best capital ever invested in business.” – P.T. Barnum
3. “Literature is one of the most interesting and significant expressions of humanity.” – P.T. Barnum
4. “Fortune always favors the brave, and never helps a man who does not help himself.” – P.T. Barnum
5. “Without promotion, something terrible happens…nothing!” – P.T. Barnum
6. “Unless a man enters upon the vocation intended for him by nature, and best suited to his peculiar genius, he cannot succeed. I am glad to believe that the majority of persons do find their right vocation.” – P.T. Barnum
7. “If you hesitate, some bolder hand will stretch out before you and get the prize.” – P.T. Barnum
8. “No man has a right to expect to succeed in life unless he understands his business, and nobody can understand his business thoroughly unless he learns it by personal application and experience.” – P.T. Barnum
9. “The best charity is to help those who are willing to help themselves.” – P.T. Barnum
10. “When a man is in the right path, he must persevere.” – P.T. Barnum
11. “More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much.” – P.T. Barnum
12. “The truth is, the more kind and liberal a man is, the more generous will be the patronage bestowed upon him.” – P.T. Barnum
13. “Science is the pursuit of pure truth, and the systematizing of it.” – P.T. Barnum
14. “The foundation of success in life is good health: that is the substratum fortune; it is also the basis of happiness. A person cannot accumulate a fortune very well when he is sick.” – P.T. Barnum
15. “You must exercise your caution in laying your plans, but be bold in carrying them out.” – P.T. Barnum
16. “The possession of a perfect knowledge of your business is an absolute necessity in order to insure success.” – P.T. Barnum
How much is PT Barnum worth?
What did PT Barnum say?
Barnum is often credited with having coined the phrase “there’s a sucker born every minute” in reference to his gullible customers, yet there is no proof of him ever using it.
What is the quote at the end of greatest showman?
- “You don’t need everyone to love you, just a few good people.” -Charity Barnum. …
- “No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” -P.T. …
- “Men suffer more from imagining too little than too much.” -P.T. …
- “When you’re careless with other people, you bring ruin upon yourself.” -Jenny Lind.